Have wellhealthorganic.com:some-amazing-health-benefits-of-drinking-water-from-an-earthen-pot you ever heard of drinking water from an earthen pot? It may sound strange, but this traditional practice has been around for centuries and is known to have numerous benefits for your health. In particular, using clay pots to store and drink water can do wonders for your skin and hair! In this blog post, we’ll explore the benefits of clay water, how to make it at home, and how to use it in your daily beauty routine. So grab a cup of tea (or better yet, some refreshing clay water) and let’s dive in!
What is clay?
Clay is a natural material that comes from the earth. It’s made up of tiny particles of decomposed rock, minerals, and organic matter. Clay has been used for thousands of years in various forms, including pottery making, construction materials, and even medicinal purposes.
There are many different types of clay available, each with its own unique properties and characteristics. For example, kaolin clay is known for its ability to absorb oil and impurities from the skin while bentonite clay is great for detoxifying the body.
When it comes to using earthen pots for drinking water, the type of clay used matters as well. The most commonly used clay pots are made from red or black terracotta which is believed to have cooling properties that can help regulate temperature during hot weather conditions.
Clay has been an important part of human culture for centuries due to its versatility and usefulness in a variety of applications!
What are the benefits of drinking clay water?
Drinking water stored in earthen pots, also known as clay water, has been a popular practice for centuries. The clay used to make these pots is rich in minerals that are beneficial for our bodies. Here are some of the top benefits of drinking clay water:
1. Detoxification: Clay has natural detoxifying properties that help remove toxins and impurities from the body.
2. Improved digestion: Drinking clay water helps regulate pH levels in the stomach and aids digestion by reducing acid reflux and heartburn.
3. Boosts immunity: The minerals found in clay have immune-boosting properties which can improve overall health.
4. Hydration: Unlike plastic or metal containers, earthen pots keep water cool naturally without using any electricity which makes it ideal for consumption during hot summer months.
5. Better skin health: Drinking clay water regularly can lead to improved skin texture, reduced acne breakouts and less visible wrinkles due to its mineral content.
6. Stronger hair quality: Clay contains silica which strengthens hair follicles leading to healthier scalp and stronger hair strands.
Incorporating this ancient practice into your daily routine could lead to numerous health benefits!
How to make your own clay water
Making your own clay water is a simple process that can be done at home with just a few basic supplies. The first step is to choose the type of clay you want to use, which can be purchased online or at health food stores.
Once you have your clay, you’ll need to mix it with water in order to make the clay water. This can be done by adding two tablespoons of clay powder for every quart of water and stirring until well combined.
It’s important to note that not all types of clay are safe for consumption, so it’s crucial to do research beforehand and only use clays that are labeled as edible or food grade.
Another method for making your own clay water involves using an earthen pot. Simply fill the pot with clean drinking water and let it sit overnight. The porous nature of the earthenware allows minerals from the pot to seep into the water, creating natural mineral-rich hydration.
Regardless of which method you choose, it’s important to strain out any sediment before consuming the finished product. Your homemade clay water should keep in the refrigerator for up to one week.
By making your own clay water at home, you can ensure that wellhealthorganic.com:some-amazing-health-benefits-of-drinking-water-from-an-earthen-pot you’re getting pure and uncontaminated hydration without any added chemicals or preservatives. Plus, it’s an eco-friendly alternative compared to buying bottled drinks!
How to use clay water for skin and hair care
Clay water is not only beneficial for internal health but also for external beauty. Here are some ways to use clay water for skin and hair care:
For Skin Care:
– Use it as a facial toner: Dip a cotton ball in the clay water and apply it on your face after cleansing. This will help in tightening pores, removing excess oil, and reducing acne.
– As a body scrub: Mix equal parts of clay powder and sugar wellhealthorganic.com:some-amazing-health-benefits-of-drinking-water-from-an-earthen-pot with enough clay water to make a paste. Massage this mixture onto your body before taking a shower to exfoliate dead skin cells.
– For sunburn relief: Soak small pieces of cloth or compresses in the chilled clay water and place them on sunburned areas. It will soothe the burning sensation.
For Hair Care:
– As hair rinse: After washing your hair with shampoo, rinse it with diluted clay water (3 tablespoons of powder per liter) instead of using regular tap/filtered water. This will leave your scalp feeling clean, refreshed, and hydrated.
– As an alternative dry shampoo: If you don’t have time wellhealthorganic.com:some-amazing-health-benefits-of-drinking-water-from-an-earthen-pot to wash your hair or want to avoid chemicals-based dry shampoos, sprinkle some powdered clay at the roots of your oily hair/scalp; let sit for 2 minutes; then brush out thoroughly.
By incorporating these simple remedies into our skincare routine we can reap benefits from natural sources like earthen pots that have been used throughout history by various civilizations around the world!
Drinking water from an earthen pot can be incredibly wellhealthorganic.com:some-amazing-health-benefits-of-drinking-water-from-an-earthen-pot beneficial for your skin and hair. Not only does it improve the overall quality of your water, but it also provides essential minerals and nutrients that can have a positive impact on your health.
By regularly consuming clay water, you may notice improvements in the appearance of your skin and hair, as well as increased energy levels and better digestion.
So why not give it a try? Making clay water at home is easy, affordable, and could potentially transform both your internal wellness and external beauty routine. Start wellhealthorganic.com:some-amazing-health-benefits-of-drinking-water-from-an-earthen-pot incorporating this ancient practice into your daily life today!